Core Structure Group, LLC (CSG) is looking to add to our successful team by recruiting a Senior Structural Engineer to work in the Flagstaff, AZ office. The successful candidate will act as Principal Engineer and Team Leader for the Northern Arizona Structural Engineering team.
When you join our team, you will get to be a part of a dynamic team of professionals that seek to provide the industry with efficient, cost-effective and safe structural design. We work closely with out clients to ensure that we meet or exceed their expectations.
The position is predominantly based from the Flagstaff office with a requirement to attend client meetings offsite, visit site locations and work closely with other CSG offices to develop relationships with clients and CSG colleagues.
We are looking for a key individual to provide a committed, positive, proactive approach in developing and expanding both the business and the team. As well as ensuring the team deliver an excellent service with good commercial results you will be responsible for engendering the team to be positive and proactive in their approach to the business and its expansion. This role will provide an excellent opportunity for the right individual to further develop their management skills.
- Involved in the preparation of reports, designs, specifications and contract documents
- Expand relationships with clients
- Act as Team Leader for the Structural Team in Flagstaff
- You must be technically capable and willing to assist less experienced members of the team
- To technically review designs produced and verify completeness to technical and CSG standards
- Manage design teams
- Liaising with other engineers/technicians to ensure updates to technical standards are maintained and disseminated to the team.
- Ensure that design briefs are completed satisfactorily
- Promote and incorporate sustainable design wherever possible.
- Promote and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Architecture, Building Surveying & MEP. Monitor emerging legislation and engineering standards relating to Structural engineering and ensure their implementation.
- Supervise the preparation of contract documents
- Liaise with clients, professional organizations, contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and other design
- Operate the Quality Assurance system, quality control and document management in line with current policy
- Identify and meet effectively the requirements and expectations of clients
- Help to identify business opportunities
- Motivate other members of the team and wider community by providing coaching, training, and mentoring
- Assist in the production of fee estimates and bids.
- Manage resources, costs and change control to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- We are looking for a key individual committed to long term development of their engineering skills within our organization. The individual will have a strong commitment to team work and highly developed client relationship skills. Your expertise will include:
- Accredited degree or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Licensed as a Civil or Structural Engineer in the State of Arizona or the ability to obtain licensure within 4 months
- Strong customer focus.
- Competent in using Microsoft’s EXCEL, and Word is essential and familiarity with Revit, RISA, and Enercalc would be an advantage.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Specification and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of Construction, Health and Safety Regulations, Building Regulations, and contract law.
- Commercially aware with a flexible attitude to both the type of work to be undertaken and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to show evidence of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Current, full clean driving licence and owner of a car insured for occasional business use.
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Financial awareness and the ability to develop this skill further is required
- Ability to manage projects and design commissions relating to building services including project finances. Good ability to build up and maintain client and team relationships.
- Effective team worker, contributing to the team and wider objectives.
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Excellent report writing skills, experience of making presentations and attending meetings with clients essential.
- Organize and prioritize their own time and tasks to enable the simultaneous running of several projects
- Be able to logically analyze problems from first principles to determine solutions.
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to understand and express technical concepts clearly and accurately.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org